Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog ate 2-3 gherarardeli choclates and has a bit of

Customer Question
My dog ate 2-3...

My dog ate 2-3 gherarardeli choclates and has a bit of diahharea...I am not sure what time he ate it but it must have been between 8pm-12-pm

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

He is 1 year old pug named buddy

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Buddy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Buddy?

He got into some candy canes too, but I’m not sure how many

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
I made a typo 8pm-12:00 am most likely it was closer to 8pm, that is the time we left
Hello?
12/23/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Can you confirm that the candy canes didn't contain xylitol?

How is he now?

What does the diarrhea look like?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian