Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Our 21 mo old male stafordshire terrier/lab, pit mix had a…

Customer Question
Our 21 mo old...

Our 21 mo old male stafordshire terrier/lab, pit mix had a 105 temp fevor and labored breating.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the terrier?

He's a healthy 62lbs.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the terrier seem to hurt?

Took him to vet and was treated with a B-complex shot, penicillin-pro-G, metacam 5mg/ml injection, fluids, SQ NORMOSOL 200-300 MLS, CLAVAMOX 375 MG TABS, CARPROFEN 100 MG. Which was at 10:am today. Chicago time. They kept him in kennel for 2 hours then released.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

The labored breathing was early this am before going to Vet. seems to be behaving normal now...except for the resting/sleeping. He's walking about now and did go out for a pee a few hours ago.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the terrier. What is the terrier's name and age?

This AM he pooped & peed twice. A softer, lighter poop. this all started late last eve.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the terrier's name?

Max. Tomorrow we're to start him on those two meds. Clavamox & Carprofen. We're not keen on meds...but we're paying attention to the Vet.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Alright. Simply wanted your professional thoughts on our outcome with Vet for Max, today.
Med regiment will begin tomorrow.
Thank you!
David & Johnny
12/23/2017
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi!

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Did they tell you why he had the fever?
That is a very high temperature!

Are you able to check his temp at home?

Paul

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian