Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I have a 7 month old pitbull with shots. He hasn't been

Customer Question
Hello ! I have...

Hello ! I have a 7 month old pitbull with shots . He hasn't been eating or drinking water and Now he is throwing up clear

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the Pitbull eat anything unusual?

I'm not sure , I've been in the hospital for a few days and I had someone watch him for me . I don't know if it's because he missed me or he probably ate something bad outside

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the Pitbull's name?

His name is ***** ***** he's been peeing and all . He loves to dig . I have a feeling he probably Ate a plastic part of a cigar

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Drakeo?

He's also very active but now he's just not him . He still walks and Wags the tail . He's just skinny and weak . He does chew on a lot . What can it be ?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/23/2017
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

How long has this been going on for?
Good history btw :)

Hi Arlene Leiva ! It's been going on for about 3 days . I've been gone for a while so I don't know what's wrong with him
I am not able to call
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello, I am afraid that you opted out of speaking with the Dr. Paul. Still I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has he been showing signs? And how long ago did he eat that plastic cigar piece?

Are his gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Any straining to pass stool, diarrhea, or black stool?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian