Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My golden has been diagnosed as possibly having nasal mites.

Customer Question
My golden has been...

My golden has been diagnosed as possibly having nasal mites. He received an injections of Ivermectin 2 days ago, but has not improved. How long should it take to see results

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infestations the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name?

'Huckleberry - 102 pounds, 10 1/2 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

He has laryngeal paralysis

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/23/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Altman, Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you today! Please give me a few moments to respond and I will be back momentarily!

Historically I have seen improvement in most cases with the first treatment but I have had a few cases that did take a second or even a third treatment to fully resolve. So I would continue the course, talk to your veterinarian about repeating a weekly treatment for a total of three weeks as a precaution to see if this resolves the sneeze

Please let me know how else I can assist you both today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both

If the information I have provided was helpful I would be grateful if you would rate our chat with the stars at the top of the screen so I am compensated for my time. Thank you and best of luck to you both, truly!

Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian