Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Yelping in pain then stops seems restless and is trying to…

Customer Question
Yelping in pain then...

Yelping in pain then stops seems restless and is trying to vomit but not more like dry heaves , able to move head up and down side to side. Pressed belly without pain

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

Stole a sugar cookie

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Ace 5 approx

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

Yeast infection in ears currently being treated with ear drops and prednisone pills

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/22/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. Thank you for using JustAnswer. I'm sorry to hear about your dog. It sounds like she is having some GI upset and nausea based on what you're describing. You can give her some Pepcid (0.25 mg/lb) tonight as an antacid that can help settle her stomach. You can also feed her a little boiled chicken and white rice as a bland diet that should hopefully help settle her stomach as well. I would add a little cottage cheese and canned pumpkin as well. If her stomach becomes distended or painful, I would take her in to the vet tonight for a check up.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian