Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My 10 year old yorkie has been sleeping a lot the last 2…

Customer Question
My 10 year old...

My 10 year old yorkie has been sleeping a lot the last 2 days will still eat and drink but his tummy is firm and has a slight limp on his hind leg but can walk fine and can do everything except go down stairs

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?

Scrappy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Scrappy?

That's all I can think of for now

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/21/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Christina, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. Christina
Dr. Christina, Dog Veterinarian

Hello and welcome! I am Dr. Christina, a licensed veterinarian, here to help answer your questions today. I see that you are inquiring about Scrappy and his lethargy, is that correct?

his firm stomach
Text is totally fine.

I am so glad you are here. Can I ask is he eating anything or drinking anything?

Are you still there?

Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

I see that you didn't respond to Dr. Christina. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Scrappy, please? His somnolence (sleepiness) and firm tummy are important signs but they're not pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one particular disorder.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian