Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

We have a silver lab puppy that is 8 weeks old. The lasy…

Customer Question
Hi we have a...

Hi we have a silver lab puppy that is 8 weeks old. The lasy three days she has been going pee all of the time. It’s very dark yellow and she strains when she pees. She has done very well prior to this to go outside and not have any accidents. We took her to pet smart and they had a vet that just looked at where she pees and he said she has an inverted vulva. He told my daughter that this condition is causing her to have a UTI. What do you recom

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Is this new behavior?

Thamk you so much. She’s such a cute good puppy. We hate to see her uncomfortable. She is red and swollen around where she pees.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the lab's name?

Koza

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Koza?

No. She’s a biter but I don’t think that’s unusual with puppies

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/21/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. THE WEBSITE SENDS THE REQUESTS; NOT MYSELF. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately. If you have not responded back in 10 minutes, it may be a longer before I can get back to you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Did they get a urinalysis on her?

Did they put her on any medications?