Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He is throwing up, and don't want to go outside. No change…

Customer Question
He is throwing up...

He is throwing up green, and don't want to go outside

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

No, no change in his diet, it started yesterday, I work nights just before I left it started at 630pm and he don't want to go outside now, it started blue green yesterday and I have green stains now around the house

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?

Dutch, he is 6 about 40lbs, the shelter I got him from said he was a Coonhound

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

His name is dutch

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Dutch?

He is usually very active, when I come home in the morning we go for runs because walking is not fast enough for him and today he don't want to go outside, very concerned.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/21/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Christina, Dog Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Christina
Dr. Christina, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am available to help answer your questions. Are you available?

Are you there

Hello. Does Dutch have any pre-existing medical conditions that you know about?

No

Has he ever had vomiting like this before?

Things that can cause vomiting could be pancreatitis - sometimes this can happen even without any diet change. It could also be something more serious like kidney or liver problems. Will he eat anything if you offer it to him ?

Not at all

You can try a couple of things at home, but if he continues to vomit, you should take him to your vet.

1. Prilosec. You can give him 10 mg twice a day (morning and night). You can get this over the counter at any grocery or drug store. This may help to settle his stomach to allow him to get through whatever is going on.

2. Try a bland diet - boiled chicken, maybe some rice or pasta. Not his normal dog food or treats. This may entice him to eat.

If you take him in to your vet, they will likely recommend x-rays and blood work. Or if he seems fairly stable, they may just give him a nausea medication to help him through this. There are unfortunately no over the counter nausea medications.

Are you still there?

Yeah sorry I'm just trying to get a hold of a veterinarian

Gotcha. That's ok. I hope they can fit you in today. Can I answer anything else for you?

I hope everything goes ok with Dutch. I am here to answer any other questions you may have. Just let me know.

How is Dutch doing? Were you able to contact your veterinarian?