Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

There, she been peeing blood alot from UTI, trying see what…

Customer Question
Hey there , she...

Hey there , she been peeing blood alot from UTI, trying see what I can give her to help??

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

Bojango had her bout 10 yrs

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Bojango or thelma

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

Yes she has kidney stones, how to get rid of it not spending much??

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
She also not eating any ideas on what to give her to still eat, any over the counter dietary supplement would help, pls help my Family thank you
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/21/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Kelly Hill, Dog Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Dog Veterinarian

HI. My name is Dr. ***** *****. I have over 15 years experience as an emergency veterinarian. I need to ask a few questions in order to help. Has Bojango had a urinalysis to diagnose a urinary tract infection, or are you suspecting that because she is urinating blood? Is she on any medications?

I went to vet they said she had UTI nd torn tissue inside ,we don't wanna put her to sleep she family, no meds is there anything we can do for her she seems to be slowly peeing to death pisses me off no money to pay for surgery, what can we do to help her any food, or anything in specific,
please help!!

I will help in anyway that I can. First, she needs to be on an antibiotic if she has a urinary tract infection. It would be very rare for her to have a catastrophic bleed from her bladder. Treating the infection with antibiotics should help stop the blood in the urine. Can you call your veterinarian and pick up antibiotics?

You said that she has kidney stones, but did they note if she has any bladder stones? Has she been eating okay?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian