Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Wound from leaving wireless collar on too. I completely

Customer Question
Wound from leaving wireless...

Wound from leaving wireless collar on too long

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Is the dog bleeding a lot?

No. I completely forgot it was on this week due to family emergency he is a Australian Shepard (mini)

Veterinarian's Assistant: Phew. What is the dog's name and age?

But wounds are deep and smell

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

Arrow 1year

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
What do I do from here now I'm logged in
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/21/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Christina, Dog Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Christina
Dr. Christina, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian here to help answer your questions. Are you available still?

Hello. I have read your post and I am worried that the wound is deep and smells. It sounds like it is infected. He likely needs the area clean and to be put on an antibiotic. Do you have a vet that is open today?

I made an appointment at 10
I got in the bath with him. Bathed and cut hair back. I'm sure it is infected :(

I am glad you made the appointment. They will get him on some good antibiotics. It will heal up I promise you. And don't beat yourself up about it. With all that fur and other emergencies going on, it is common. We know you love your dog. :)

He let me shave the area as much as I could. But it is tender. I put some antibiotic on a pad and wrapped it with an ace bandage till we can see vet.
Thank you sooooo much !!!!! He isn't messing with bandage.

That sounds great.

You're very welcome. I hope everything goes well. I'm here for additional questions if you have them.

Great! Thanks! It's great to have this app! I'm sure I'll have more questions when the vet isn't open!

I strive for 100% satisfaction. If you feel I have provided this to you, please leave positive feedback. If you have additional questions, don't hesitate to contact me. Thank you and have a happy holiday season.

Thank you and you too!