Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I have a 5pd Chihuahua and I am going to give him

Customer Question
I have a 5pd...

I have a 5pd Chihuahua and I am going to give him azithromycin oral suspension 100mg per 5ml and 300 mg(15ml when mixed)

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

I have had to give it to him before when he got a cold

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Shrimp 11yrs

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/21/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 month ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Hi, Linda. What condition are you treating Shrimp for?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He will get a clear discharge from his nose mostly when he is sleeping also his ears start bothering him. Its like a upper respiratory problem. He will also even cough once in awhile. I have a wall heater in my house and this happens to him in the winter when i use it. I try to keep a humidifier on at night. I give him Benadryl sometimes and that will help a little.

How much Benadryl is given at each dosage? How frequently?

Have you tried any other antihistamines?

What symptoms do you see of his ears bothering him?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He gets less than a quarter of a 25 mg tab. I ask a question about a dose on azithromycin and i have not got an answer from you. I will be asking for my money back. I have my answer now from my own vet,
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian