Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He is limping and scooting his on the floor a lot past 2…

Customer Question
He is limping and...

He is limping and scooting his butt on the floor a lot past 2 days

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

On one heel i did find redness and what looks like a small bump

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Could the anal glands being filled cause a dog to limp his name is ***** ***** pug are you a real person?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the vet more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

He is 6 years old and a pug. has been healthy. past year hes had anal gland issues, the vet drained his anal gland once which helped. he scoots his butt on the ground a ton and causes himself to almost bleed sometimes on his anus and scrotum.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/21/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 7 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share a picture of the small bump you're seeing?

Is he licking this bump or his anus?

When were his anal glands last expressed professionally?