Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

MY 14 # NUTERED CHIHUAHUA STARTED WITH GASTRIC INFECTION…

Customer Question
MY 14 # NUTERED...

MY 14 # NUTERED CHIHUAHUA STARTED WITH GASTRIC INFECTION AFTER ROUTINE VET VISIT AND ANNUAL SHOTS INCLUDING DISTEMPER. REACTION TO MELOXIDYL (NOT BLINKING, CLOSING EYES) LEAD TO DOUBLE EYE INFECTION. TAKING CLAVAMOX,METRONIDAZOLE, EUROFLOXACIN, NEOMYCIN POLYMYXINB BACITRACIN ZINC OINTMENT PREDNISOLONE ACETATE, CIPROFLOXACIN SOLUTION,AND TODAY TACROLIMUS DROPS. NOW SUDDENLY HIS GUMS OR TONGUE FAR BACK IN HIS MOUTH ARE BLEEDING. HELP

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the Chihuahua?

NO JUST ALWAYS HEALTHY TILL NOW. HE IS 5 YEARS OLD AND HAS LOST 2 # DOWN TO 12 SINCE THIS STARTED.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/21/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 2 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Has any bloodwork been performed since the onset of these symptoms? If so, can you share a copy of the bloodwork?

Are his gums nice and pink otherwise?

When was his last professional dental cleaning by your vet's office?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian