Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

He is breathing hard and he is on meta am for arthritis

Customer Question
He is breathing hard...

He is breathing hard and he is on meta am for arthritis pain. My vet is closed what do I do

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

He is a mixed breed 16 pound dog

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is the dog's name and age?

His name is ***** ***** he is going in 15

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sparky?

He has a deformed leg from birth and he gets glucosamine and fish oil every day

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/20/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear Sparky is breathing hard. If you lift his lip to check his gums, do they look pale or pink in color?

I think so it's hard to tell

You think the are pale, or pink in color? Can you post a picture with his lip lifted?

If his gums seem pale, this could be an emergency. If his gums are pink, he is not in immediate danger.

Can you take his temperature with a rectal thermometer?

I did not hear back from you; how is Sparky doing?

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian