Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Have a dog that started coughing and sneezing; is around…

Customer Question
Have a dog that...

Have a dog that started coughing and sneezing; is around people coughing and sneezing.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Coughing can be worrying. The Expert will know what you should do. What is the dog's name and age?

Sneezing and coughing. 7 years, cocker spaniel, name is*****: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Gwen?

Ok otherwise.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/20/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Gwen can't contract the infectious agents that cause coughing and sneezing in people but dogs and people can cough and sneeze if they're both suffering from an inhalant allergy or irritant. Are you seeing any other signs of such an allergy in Gwen - pruritis (itching), usually, and perhaps a conjunctivitis?