Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My shitzue has not ate. Or used the bathroom in 4 days..she…

Customer Question
My shitzue has not ate...
My shitzue has not ate. Or used the bathroom in 4 days..she has threw up a yellow mucus and then a white mucus. .she ha swollen. Area under her bottom. And her belly is swollen and hard. Her eyes are red and a little puffy
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/20/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry too hear you are worried about Girl. I am very worried when a dog goes this long without eating, and especially in an older dog. This could be a sign of serious illness: liver disease, kidney disease, or cancer.

The best thing would be to have a veterinarian examine her as soon as possible.

If you lift her lip to look at her gums, are they pink or pale?

Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 months ago

How is your dog doing? I hope you were able to see my response.

Please let me know if I can answer any other questions.

She died 2 days ago.the last she had these symtems.it was a uti..do you think with the proper medicine she would have lived

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that. My sincere condolences.

If the uti had caused kidney failure, then nothing would have helped her. Do you happen to know if blood tests were done to check her kidney function?

Was she spayed?

we spayed and no test

For a UTI to cause death is not common; I suspect she had kidney failure, especially if she was 15 years old. If she did, there was nothing you could have done.

I am so sorry you lost her; I lost my dog earlier this year and my heart is still broken. My sincere condolences.

Please let me know if this is helpful and what other questions you have.

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian