Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a maltese female 10 years old (Gracie). She was

Customer Question
I have a maltese...

I have a maltese female 10 years old (Gracie). She was acting strange and my wife is out of town. I thought she was just pouting. I notice vomit in the kitchen and recognized pieces of a rubber toy that she had eaten. She has been out to poop four times tonight, and has thrown up three times. She is shaking and acting strange. Please help. Can she make it until the vet opens in the morning?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?

Gracie

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/20/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Gracie, please?

Regretfully, I couldn't know how stable she was from here. A rubber foreign body generally isn't life-threatening within hours after ingestion even if it obstructed Gracie's small intestine.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian