Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He ate the outside fuzzy part of a tennis ball and was

Customer Question
He ate the outside...

He ate the outside fuzzy part of a tennis ball and was throwing up yesterday but isn’t throwing up today but he won’t eat

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Zeus and he’s a 1 year and 2 months

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Zeus?

No that’s it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/20/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- Did you see him pass the fuzzy part in the vomit or stool?

2- Is he lethargic?

3- What breed is he?

4- How much does he weigh?

He just now started acting sluggish i saw him pass a little but in his stool and a little bit in his vomit
He’s a pit bull/ hound mix and his about 50lbs

So, you feel comfortable in saying that not all of it is out, correct?

Yeah i don’t think he’s passed it all

Please give me 5-10 minutes to type your answer. No need to accept the phone call request. Thank you.

Okay

Friend, as you may have suspected the concern is that the piece of the ball is obstructed in the gastrointestinal tract and for this reason, he is not eating and is acting sluggish. Unfortunately, on history only I will not be able to determine if there is an obstruction or not, I am sorry. I would strongly recommend having him checked as soon as you can by a veterinarian for x-rays as an initial screening test. You see if there is an obstruction and it goes untreated the outcome could be fatal. For this reason, it is best to err on the side of caution and have him checked; if possible I would have him checked tonight by ER veterinarian. I realize that this answer may not be entire to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service it is how I get compensated. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter