Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has gotten off schedule with her insulin i would like…

Customer Question
My dog has gotten...

My dog has gotten off schedule with her insulin i would like to know how early i can get her back on track

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

Rose 11 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Ginger rose

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ginger?

She was had pancretitis at the beginng but has made a good recovery and is in good healyh now

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/19/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry you are concerned about Ginger Rose. How long since her last dose of insulin?

What was her last blood sugar reading?

Sometimes diabetes improves after a bout of pancreatitis has passed. I would have her blood sugar checked; if it is 200 or higher she needs to get back on insulin.

Is she drinking a lot of water?

I hope you are seeing my responses; please let me know what other questions I can answer.

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian