Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog recently had an infection on his tail. He got an

Customer Question
antibiotic shot and steroids but...
My dog recently had an infection on his tail. He got an antibiotic shot and steroids but now he's been hiding under the bed for days. Is this normal behavior??
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/19/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Ok

Sociologymom, no, this is not a normal behavior or side effect of getting an antibiotic shot or steroids. Have you get him out to see how is the infection? Is it licking it?

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service it is how I get compensated. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter

I can't get the cone to stay on.

You may use his collar through the loops, just make sure it is properly secure. Another option is getting a kong collar in your local pet store or ordering it online (follow link below).

https://www.chewy.com/kong-cloud-collar-dogs-cats-x-small/dp/47471?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=hg&utm_content=KONG&utm_term=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2cW18peW2AIVXLXACh2HaQhjEAQYAiABEgKvhvD_BwE

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian