Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 13 year old shih tzu hasn't pooped in 2 weeks!! 2 trips…

Customer Question
My 13 year old shih...
My 13 year old shih tzu hasn't pooped in 2 weeks!! 2 trips to different vets said give her Miralax and she will go when she ggoes. She is eating good
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/18/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. THE WEBSITE SENDS THE REQUESTS; NOT MYSELF. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately. If you have not responded back in 10 minutes, it may be a longer before I can get back to you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Does she have stool when on Miralax? If so, what is the consistency?

Is she on any other medication?

Has your vet done any blood work or x-rays of the abdomen?