Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My small dog has a sist and I can't afford a $400. surgery…

Customer Question
My small dog has...

My small dog has a sist and I can't afford a $400. surgery to remove it off his back. It broke on its own yesterday and now I'm worried about infection and I can still feel something is still in there, even though a lot of it came out.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infections the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

Other than that the dog is healthy.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/18/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Meghan Denney, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Dog Veterinarian

Hi, I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question. This service is used for general information only and is no substitute for a veterinarian-patient relationship by examination.

Can you take a picture of the ruptured cyst and send it to me here so i can see what we are dealing with?

Also what is your dogs name and age?

I can send you my email if you are unable to attach it here.

It just will be much easier for me to guide you on what to do if I can see what I am trying to help you treat

Rusty, is 7yrs I'm trying to take a picture

Let me know if you need my email if it is difficult to attach here.

I m sorry because I m trying to do two things at one time now I can't remember how to send a picture. I m so sorry. I will have to come back later and talk to you
, Because I'm expecting someone to come to my house any time for another matter. I forgot about. I will talk later. Thank you.

Ok just message me back when you can I will be on and offline all day so I will keep an eye out

BTW, after trying to take pictures, and seeing the hole in my poor dogs back, my husband agreed that I should take the dog to the vet. So I made an appointment for today at the vet.

I am glad to hear it hopefully with some antibiotics and pain medications it will heal up.

I will alert customer service so they close this question.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian