Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog is a ten year old Maltese cross female. My vet has…

Customer Question
My dog is a...

My dog is a ten year old Maltese cross female. My vet has diagnosis her has having kidney failure and has prescribed 1/2 losec 10mg dailey plus 1/4

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with your dog?

My ten year old Maltese cross has been diagnosed kidney disease and prescribed 1/2 mosec 10mg daily plus 1/4 maxalon 10mg twice daily is there any more i can do

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does your dog seem to hurt?

She is vomiting daily and is showing discomfort in rear legs. has had drip through leg to flush kidneys.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?

Has been eating fresh cooked chicken and cheese and some vegies.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Her name is*****: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Suzie?

She is showing very little signs of sickness after vomiting and has lost weight was 7.8 now 6.6

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/18/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. F, Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Dr. F
Dr. F, Veterinarian
Hi there, I am Dr Mike, a licensed veterinarian and practice owner, I hope that I can help with Suzie. When did this all start? What stage of kidney disease did the veterinarian grade her at?
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian