Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

She had pups about 2 wks ago now. One lived 2 died. Last…

Customer Question
She had pups about...

She had pups about 2 wks ago now. One lived 2 died. Last night i found blood in front of the door she is passing it in urine i think from watching her this morn.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

Shes 7 and finch is her name

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

Ive never taken her to a vet before always in good health. She seems distant hiding under bed not with her pup she has been really over protective

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/17/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry that your sweet Finch is not feeling well...after all she has gone through...poor girl!!

These symptoms are typical for a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) or a Bladder Stone or Tumor in the bladder. Most often this is a UTI which will require antibiotics to get past this. Your vet will run tests to rule out stones or tumors and if these are ruled out, then the appropriate treatment will be initiated. The stress that Finch has undergone in the last 2 weeks has suppressed her immune system which allows these bacteria to invade the bladder.
For now, purchase a product at the pet store called Methigel. This is a urinary acidifier that will keep the urine in an acid state to keep the bacteria from growing in this environment. This will not be curative but will start to heal this condition. get your sweet Finch in to see your vet soon since her behavior is telling you that she is in discomfort from something probably related to her urinary tract. . If this is a UTI, this could form stones if left untreated since the bacteria are the nidus for this formation.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian