Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She has had alot of straining in her pooping,no nausea,

Customer Question
She has had alot of...

She has had alot of straining in her pooping,no nausea, eating like she is famished, but hurts,heavy breathing at night I can here her snoring alot because of the ptessure.I do not understand why these two veterinarians cannot see this....she is old,but very smart my favorite dog,because of her wise wayd.Eats with patience does not grab food .I do not give her hones.I am telling you this happened like overnight going on 3 weeks.Shame on me,maybe the one doctor might be afraid to open her up because of age .She wines and hoes in circles trying to get comfortable will lay herself up on other dog at night or something it seems to prop herself .She is dining alot and peeing,they said no blood work showed abnormalities. Or dtool.She walks around when not asleep following me,and I have to lift her up in in truck when 4 weeks ago she could jump into.She stops and stares, she goes down staird,kinda pitiful, she doesn't What if it is infection, why did The Bluegrass animal clinic,in Brandenburg, Ky. SHE IS DYING,I SAID TO THE VETERINARY HELP HER.I KNOW I BROUGHT IT UP..THETE EXRAY SHOWED POOP 7P JIGH,AND NOTHING ON THE SONI GRAM MY MIND WENT BLANK.SHE IS IN PAIN.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/18/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 5 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that none of our other Experts have reached out to you before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?

I just had her to the doctor again this morning.....It seems that my baby is just old and she is going to die.I kinda figured this.She is a fine dog female smooth haired jack russel,she is probably 14 maybe 15.she was my husband that passed away last DECEMBER,she has been mine dog sense 2011,she is so smart and gentle and well mannered.I have a youn ger jack russel named Stella she is 5,and my husbands rat terrior that we rescued named JEWELL,she is 9...DAISY IS MY FAVORITE,she is going in circles and very restless..she is in pain.She has followed me from room to room and has a hard time riding in truck backseat now,a few weeks ago she could always jump right up in and rode in back seat,loves to ride,and this morning she wined all the way home and kept going back and forth from front to back and right now she is walking around and pacing to me here at desk and up and down hall..She eats well and drinks,but has this blank stare on her face and stops in front of me.She cannot jump on couch any more ,i lift her.She twirls around alot and I love her so..This is horrible.

Did your vet dispense any medication to help with discomfort? If she's blocked with stool, did they offer an enema, manual evacuation, stool softeners, etc?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian