Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My Dog is very sick she won’t drink or eat anything what can…

Customer Question
Hi my Dog is very...
Hi my Dog is very sick she won’t drink or eat anything what can I do? She is 16 years old and she is a Yorky
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Can someone help us?
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/17/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 5 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?

Last week Monday we noticed she was breathing heavy, like she was trying to catch her breath. Wednesday we took Her to vet and he told us she had water in heart. He took out the liquid and gave her two medications: Furosemide 12.5mg and Enelapril 5mg. She was doing better with her breathing, two days later she stopped eating and drinking water. We took her back to the vet and he prescribed her Famotidine. It’s so hard to give her any of these medications because she doesn’t eat nor drink anything.
Before we took her in the vet for the first time, she was being her normal self (eating, drinking water, walking, wanting to go outside) all this started happening after

It sounds like she's in congestive heart failure. Did your vet run any bloodwork while she was there?

Is she having any vomiting?

Are you familiar with how to pill her?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian