Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Our dog just all of a sudden start trembling when I brought…

Customer Question
Our dog just all...

Our dog just all of a sudden start trembling when I brought her in from outside and now has had a little diarrheea and vomited our other dog vomited a little last night- and coincidentally had a well check with immunizations at vet yesterday

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

Not that we know of they have a fenced in back yard and she eats apples at times but that's normal for her back there

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Freyja-age 6

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Freyja

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Freyja?

No-she had been playing in the backyard for a couple hrs, chasing tennise balls and such and then I brought her in and she started shaking, and I took her for a little walk and she had diarrhea and then came back in, dranks some water and hten puked a lot our other dog had a small amount of puking yesterday

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/16/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. Thank you for using JustAnswer. Give me a few minutes to review your case and type my response.

It might be that her immune system is going through a lot right now adjusting to the vaccines from the other day, and she over did it playing outside--we see that from time to time. Usually having them take it easy for a few days and some supportive care at home and they are back to normal in no time. I would take the following steps to help with the GI upset you are experiencing. If she is getting worse in spite of these steps, I would take her to the vet for a work-up.

You can give Pepcid (0.25 mg/lb) every 12 hours for the next few days. It is an antacid that can help decrease the acidity in the stomach and help with vomiting. You can give Metamucil which is a fiber supplement that can help firm up the stool.I would feed boiled chicken and white rice for the next few days. It is a bland diet that can help with GI upset. You can also syringe feed some Pedialyte to help with hydration. You can also give some canned food or chicken baby food to help with appetite if the chicken and rice isn't doing the job. Let me know if you have any other questions.

If you have a moment to fill out a positive review (by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page) for me I would greatly appreciate it. This is the only way the website can credit me for my time. Thank you so much and good luck!

Our other pup had vaccinations yesterday- not this dog. They both play outside hours daily in our fenced in backyard. She has finally stopped trembling and hopefully will recover fine. I will take the diet recommendations- thanks!

Oh, I misread, I apologize. I hope that helps regardless. Good luck!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian