Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He has been drooling this saliva. 5 years. Cooper

Customer Question
He has been drooling...

He has been drooling this saliva

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know what to do with the drooling. What is the dog's name and age?

Cooper 5 years

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Cooper

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/16/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear Cooper is drooling. How long has he been doing it?

Is he able to drink, and swallow?

Dog will drool with mouth pain or an injury in the mouth, nausea, or if they can't swallow.

I think so I’m not at him with him my husband is I’m at work

How long has he been drooling?

I usually start with an exam of the mouth and throat when I see a dog that is drooling a lot.

If he is able to drink and eat and swallow, you could try some Pepcid AC for nausea to see if that helps. How much does he weigh?

I hope you were able to see my response; I have not heard back from you!

How is Cooper doing? Please let me know if this was helpful or if you have any other questions.