Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

When deworming a siw week old puppy is it natural for them…

Customer Question
When deworming a siw...

When deworming a siw week old puppy is it natural for them to have loose bowels with worms in it if so how long do it last

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infestations the puppy can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name?

Samson

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Samson?

That's it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/16/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear Samson has worms, but that is fairly common in young puppies. When you worm a puppy that has a lot of worms, you can see diarrhea and worms passing, as the worms are dying. This should not last more than a day or so.

Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 6 months ago

I hope you were able to see my response; I have not heard back from you!

How is Samson doing? Please let me know if this was helpful or if you have any other questions.