Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I MAY have given my 20 lb Cavalier Charlie a double dose of…

Customer Question
I MAY have given...

I MAY have given my 20 lb Cavalier Charlie a double dose of meds yesterday (7a.m. and twice in p.m. - 7pm and 9pm). He has not had a BM since prior to the evening normal dose - 16.2 mg at 7pm. He's only been on Rx since 12/04: phenobaritol 16.2 mg. for seizures , Pimobendin 2.5 mg for heart disease, and carprofen 3.75 mg for pain/inflammation, glucocemin and vitamins). He has not had a BM since 6pm last night, is very lethargic - ate normally but slowly for breakfast (with meds again), walked very slowly at 6am, now not interested at all in eating.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Charlie. 10.5 years old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Charlie?

He is scheduled for dental cleaning Jan 3, has had antibiotics twice in last 6 weeks for that. Just traveled by air - Hawaii to WA (Nov 10) to new residence, adjusted very well until today.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/16/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Did you give him a double dose of all his medication?

Has he been straining to pass stool?

Any gagging, lip licking, drooling or vomiting?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian