Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

We have a 12 year old pug named Sophie. From time to time…

Customer Question
We have a 12...

We have a 12 year old pug named Sophie. From time to time she’s has had trouble walking. Our vet said when she can’t walk anymore it probably is time to put her to sleep. We will take her to our vet who we trust. But I’m wondering if you would have the same thoughts about Sophie? Today she couldn’t even make herself eat so I hand fed her a little food. She really wasn’t interested. Thank you for your opinion.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the pug. What is the pug's name?

Sophie

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sophie?

Just that she is very lethargic and when she tries to walk a little she just drops down it doesn’t seem to be any of the legs in particular, almost like a person that is drunk

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/16/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Does Sophie have any head tilt at all? Any strange movement with the eyes?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian