Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She has a collapsing trench and has had a couple of seizures…

Customer Question
She has a collapsing...

She has a collapsing trench and has had a couple of seizures that were pretty bad. The last one was months ago bu she may have had one tonight while i was out. Her breathing is labored and she is spitting up yellow bile substance

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?

Starr and she is 15 she still looks great and though she slowed down she is still puppy like mostly

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Starr?

No she is great other than that. Tonight when I came home I noticed she has slightly labored breathing and having spitting fits

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/16/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand Starr has been having issues with a collapsing trachea and seizures. How is Starr doing currently, is she still having labored breathing? One of the ways you can help treat is by giving her an antihistamine such as Benadryl. Do you have that available?

Good morning. I don’t but I will get some in case. Thankfully, she is back to normal and made it through the night. She peed and pooped and has an appetite again which is a good sign.

I am very glad to hear she is doing better. In these situations you will want to have something that will calm her down. An antihistamine was going to be something I would recommend on short notice, but you will actually do better if you have a tranquilizer. You will want to ask your veterinarian for a prescription of Acepromazine, which can be used when Starr is having issues such as what happened last night.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Scott Perry
Scott Perry
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian