Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

She has puppies 9 days ago. She has had diarrhea for nearly…

Customer Question
She has puppies 9...

She has puppies 9 days ago. She has had diarrhea for nearly the entire time. I have served her to puppy food, Blue Buffalo canned & dry alternating, but the diameter continues. She is active, plays catch with her toys and is otherwise alert & the puppies are doing well. She does not seem to be dehydrated and is not vomiting.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the puppy eat anything unusual?

No

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name?

Sadie

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sadie?

She does seem to get very stressed when the male comes into the room, so I keep him out.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/16/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

What color is the diarrhea? Any blood?

Are her gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could she have eaten anything harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian