Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My puppy is about 4 months old and she has fluid in her

Customer Question
Hi my puppy is...

Hi my puppy is about 4 months old and she has fluid in her lungs as two weeks ago she was hit slighlty by a passing car..,,and one of her ears is swollen. She just started taking 250mg Amocyclav since yesterday but i notice her one ear is also swollen..is that from the trauma as well...what should i do with her ear

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name?

Coco is her name ..she is adorable puppy she has lost appetite too and been difficult to feed her

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Coco?

Well, is the antibiotic enough to help her with the liquied fluid in her lungs and what can i do about the ear thats swollen

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/16/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Did her vet feel the fluid was from pneumonia? Or from being hit?

Any known heart issues?

What tests did they do?

Has she been shaking her head?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?