Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My Australasian Sheppard is really lethargic and is acting…

Customer Question
My Australasian Sheppard is...

My Australasian Sheppard is really lethargic and is acting really strange. he is like falling a sleep when he raises his head he is like hes on a roller coaster his head just keeps bobbing. He wont drink or nothing he wont lick me or nothing he is aware when i leave the room he follows me im not sure what he could have gotten into to i can not afford a vet and they wont even answer questions to try to help me what can i do to get him back to normal. he did have a huge giant raw hide in the shape of a candy cane that he finished it was really big but it took a few days to finish. i have not found anything he could have gotten into can you please help me at all by telling me what to do

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?

Joker and he is 7 months

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Joker?

No nothing that i can think of he has never done this before

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/16/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Joker, please?

It does sound as if he ingested a prescription or recreational drug, or reacting to another chemical - a parasiticide or flea/tick product.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian