Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She is vomiting, shaking and peeing more frequently than…

Customer Question
She is vomiting, shaking...

She is vomiting, shaking and peeing more frequently than normal

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

Not that I know of but she was chewing on a stick from the park but she just spits out any of the pieces when she does that

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?

Baylee, 10

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Baylee?

She's had surgery for bladder stones before and she's on a special diet now. she tested normal last time they checked if the special food was working

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/16/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long has she been showing signs?

What does the vomit look like?

Can she keep water down?

Are her gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could she have eaten anything harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

When she passes urine, is it small or large volumes?

Any change to the color (more dilute/watery or dark)?