Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Two episodes today of panting, shivering as if cold or

Customer Question
Two episodes today of...

Two episodes today of panting, shivering as if cold or frightenened (it is 30 degrees centigrade here sonot cold) and very clingy, wanting to be right next to me, or pacing. He weighs 13kg and had an episode four days ago of ? grass seed in ear which the vet syringed. This has only happened once this morning about 8 am and now again, first episode lasted an hour and now has been symptomatic for half an hour . It is the weekend in a small country town with no way to get buffered aspirin, unless supermarket aspirin brands are suitable.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?

Have just explained all that

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

Does not seem to be in pain, just distressed. I have felt him all over and there does not seem to be any pain.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. What is the dog's name?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Harry?

He is 10 1/2 years old. I am in Australia - I don't know where you are.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/16/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. Thank you for using JustAnswer. Give me a few minutes to review your case.

Have you noticed any other symptoms such as vomiting, diarrhea, coughing, sneezing, not wanting to eat, etc. lately? Could he have gotten into or eaten anything he shouldn't have?

Thank you I got your reply a day later! Took him to the vet as there were seven episodes. Given Cartrophen and a pain killer, sedative and anti-inflammatory and he became very woozy and slept for a couple of hours. Symptoms started again but I gave him two Valium as per vet's instructions and after an hour he went to sleep properly, not clinging to me or shaking or panting in his sleep, and slept normally for about 6 hours. He is normal today except for one episode of growling at his (male) house mate. Appetite normal. This is all on top of finding out two days ago that my third dog aged 14-1/2 is dying from liver cancer. A very horrible Christmas is coming. Thank you for responding,. I paid via Visa.

Hello, thank you for the update. I'm sorry to hear about your other dog and I'm glad to hear that Harry is doing better. Best of luck with everything.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian