Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dogs were exposed to fleas several weeks ago. I have flea…

Customer Question
My dogs were exposed...

My dogs were exposed to fleas several weeks ago. I have flea and tick dipped them once a week for three wks, I have cleaned bedding and used a flea killing spray on surfaces per directions. I want to give some Benadryl. They weight about 35 lbs

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?

They have been to the vet and will go again on Sat. I want to get them some relief though. Peppy and Piper

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?

Nope, both are healthy, up to date on vaccinations and within a good weight. Peppy is 7 yrs old and Piper is almost 2 years old.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/14/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand you are wanting a Benadryl dose for Peppy and Piper. They both weigh about 35 lbs. Is that a correct summary?

one that might ease the itching until they go to the vet again
instant messaging is fine

No problem. Their dose is 1 tablet every 12 hours.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Just checking in. How are Peppy and Piper doing?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Scott Perry
Scott Perry
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian