Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog had a lepto vaccine yesterday around 1030 and today…

Customer Question
My dog had a...

My dog had a lepto vaccine yesterday around 1030 and today he is not eating much. Whatever he eats he has vomited.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?

Not that I can tell. We live in New York City and he does occasionally grab small bits of food on the sidewalk and ingest before I can take it away

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Ripley. He's 2.5

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ripley?

He's a rescue and I've only had him about 6 weeks but nothing else health related. This was the second round of lepto vaccine.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/14/2017
Dog Veterinarian: petdrz, Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian

Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am Dr Z. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply ASAP.

Thanks for trusting me to help you and Ripley today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 30 years of experience and would be happy work with you but need a bit more information to better assist you if you don’t mind.

Is he able to drink and keep water down?

Hes drinking water but it seems like it comes up when he vomits his food
I spoke to his vet as well and they recommended the antacid as well.

I see that you have posted this question twice and that you have received a reply from Dr Kara, another expert. Her advice is very good and I would follow it and contact your vet for an evaluation if not improving.

petdrz
petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian