Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Small flat worms found on him tonight and the area where he…

Customer Question
Small flat worms found...

Small flat worms found on him tonight and the area where he was lying. They were moving

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infestations the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?

Fred. He’s 7

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Fred?

He’s a new to us dog. We’ve only had him two weeks but he has had shots and worm/flea medicine

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/14/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Joan, Vet Tech replied 2 months ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I would like to assist you.

What you are describing is tapeworm segments. These worms come from ingesting a flea that carries the tapeworm eggs. This type of Parasite requires a different type of wormer, If you have recently seen the Vet with Fred, you can call the Vet and I am sure he will have you pick up the tablets to give Fred.

PLease hit reply to discuss this information.

Joan

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Jav917
Joan
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech