Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog groomer said she has a skin infection it is on her front…

Customer Question
Dog groomer said she...

Dog groomer said she has a skin infection it is on her front right leg at the joint. The groomer shaved it but my dog is still itching

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infections your dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?

Muffins she is about 5 . The groomer called it a yeast infection.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

My dogs name is*****: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Muffins?

She is a toy poodle and gets hairy. I have her groomed about every 4 months. The groomer said the yeast infection is the hair being too moist and that I should blow dry her when she comes in from outside

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/13/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian