Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog is in pain and limping her back leg shin seems to be…

Customer Question
My dog is in...

My dog is in pain and limping her back leg shin seems to be were she is hurting, what can i do for her could it be shin splint?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

She has no pain at all in her foot, can touch the pad and between toes and as soon as you go towards her shin she gaurds and stretches that

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

She is Miss Molly by golly, she is a wonderful loving lab i believe she is around 11

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Molly

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Molly?

She is a bit over weight and this came on sudden

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/13/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 7 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Any history of ticks?

Any potential for injury such as being struck by a car?

Can you share a video of her activity with the leg and the limping?

Is she a sedate dog or active?

she is very active, live on second floor goes up and down stairs all the time she bounds, we live in alaska, no ticks. not been struck by car, but runs beside the car or in front often. she is in pain in the shin area.
i can not afford a call
she pants and shakes and paces at times
i don't want her suffering, but don't want to put her down if it is a temp thing

oh sweetie, right now she is laying down and hasn't been able to for awhile, when she gets up to go out i will. she went from being very active to only moving when nesssassary. i am taking her to the vet at 4 thank you.
hey you guys just charged me an extra 14.oo wth please refund that back to my account that is not ccool at all.