Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I have a 12 1/2 year old female Weimaraner who has been

Customer Question
I have a 12...

I have a 12 1/2 year old female Weimaraner who has been treated by the AMC in NYC for disc disease of the neck and spine: fentanyl patch, codeine, prednisone. She also successfully survived surgery for a cancer mast, the anesthesia knocking her out for about a month and then she walked on a generically weak right foot and the tendons severed. She currently wears a special brace. Her name is ***** ***** recently she would yawn in the morning, then get down voluntarily in both the pharmacy and tonight in a local deli and did the same. I had to use all my strength to get her back in the apartment. Last week she was diagnosed with high blood pressure and kidney disease. A second reading brought the reading a week later from 2.0 to 1.6. She is now on special low protein food. What is going on here? Is it neurological?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

Yes. No wound.

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Willy?

Is there a charge for this service and hoe much if so?

Veterinarian's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Veterinarian. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

What is the total cost?

Veterinarian's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Veterinarian. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

What is the total cost?

Veterinarian's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Veterinarian. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

Are you a robot?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
when exactly will I hear from you? This is a pressing matter. A dog's life is involved.
12/13/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Meghan Denney, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Dog Veterinarian

Hi, I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question. This service is used for general information only and is no substitute for a veterinarian-patient relationship by examination.

I do apologize for the delay in someone getting to your question. I am just coming online and saw your question had not been answered yet.

The kidney disease is most likely not related to the intertebral disk disease. This may just be aging changes and genetics.

Can you tell me more specifics on her kidney values

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian