Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog has a growth on the inside of her leg. It was small…

Hello. My dog has...

Hello. My dog has a growth on the inside of her leg. It was small about the size of a dime. Now it's about the size of a quarter.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name?

Ai (Eye)

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?

Since we've moved to the country, her skin has gotten worse. Especially in the summer.

Answered in 1 minute by:
12/13/2017
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

How old is she and how long has it been there?
Can you send me a picture? That would help immensely!

Paul

Good photo

Did she have extra nipples?

She had extra nipples.

Thanks

This looked like a mammary tumor- that is why I asked

You should have that aspirated and cytology done OR just remove it and send it for analysis

They are usually mixed mammary tumors (good) but we want to rule out a more serious one

It is ulcerated now and is likely to start bleeding

Make sense?

Paul

Thank you very much. I will make an appointment to do that.

You are very welcome!

Please update me after the visit

And please dont forget to rate me- That is how i get paid :)

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian