Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

She is bleeding from her private part and she is no longer…

Customer Question
Hello she is bleeding...

Hello she is bleeding from her private part and she is no longer in heat because it passed already

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

She is quite a lot but not puddles just small drops of blood

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/12/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- How old is she?

2- Is she drinking more than usual?

3- Any other symptoms?

She is 7 years old and she drinks the average amount of water not too much or not too little and she seems pretty normal.

How long since the last time she was in heat?

A week or two ago was when she finished her heat
it’s she is not bleeding like if she were in heat it’s a bit more than that

Please give me 5-10 minutes to type your answer. No need to accept the phone call request. Thank you.

I have an appointment for the vet

Friend, there are many possible causes for a vaginal bleed in dogs. Common causes are vaginitis, urinary tract infections, cervical tumors, infection of the uterus (pyometra), etc. Unfortunately, I will not be able to pinpoint the exact underlying cause without a hands-on examination and some testing. In this case, your dog will need to see your family veterinarian for a hands-on examination, urinalysis and possibly x-rays as an initial screening test. Treatment will be based on exam and test results.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service it is how I get compensated. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian