Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Well my I year old miniature poodle is devoted to me and…

Customer Question
Well my I year...

Well my I year old miniature poodle is devoted to me and follows me every where but when my partner comes to visit he turns his attention on him so I do not think he has separation anxiety he just loves people! I can not walk him out too much because I have arthritis,but I think he needs to socialise with other dogs more!your thoughts please? jill stigger

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

No wounds

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Bobby 1 year old

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Bobby

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/12/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry you are concerned about Bobby's socialization. I am sorry you have arthritis, as well.

If you think he would enjoy the company of other dogs, you could try sending him to a day care service a couple of days a week. He wold have a chance to play with other dogs, and get some exercise. The workers at the day care could observe him and see how he interacts with other dogs, if he is enjoying himself and joining in.

I hope you were able to see my response; I have not heard back from you!

How is Bobby doing? Please let me know if this was helpful or if you have any other questions.

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian