Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog is licking her chops and making a weird movement that…

Customer Question
My dog is licking...

My dog is licking her chops and making a weird movement that looks like she needs to throw up

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?

I don't think so

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?

Rockie. 11 months old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Rockie?

No we fed her to see if she was hungry, she was and ate it all just fine.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/12/2017
Dog Veterinarian: jadedangel57, owner replied 4 months ago
jadedangel57

Hi JaCustomer,

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jane. I have been involved professionally with dogs in the healthcare and behavioral fields for over 20 years. I’ve worked as a Vet Assistant and Behaviorist and have extensive experience in dog reproduction, as a breeder, for even longer than that.. Canine behavioral issues and training are also my specialties. It will be my pleasure to work with you today. I just signed in and noticed no other expert chose to answer your question and wanted to help.

Do you still need help with this matter? If so, it is necessary for me to get a little information from you before I can type up your reply. Your patience is appreciated.

Is Rockie spayed?

Is her vulva swollen if she isn't spayed?

Any vomiting since this started?

What have you tried besides feeding her?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian