Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

She eat a small piece of a fire mountain fire log and

Customer Question
She eat a small...

She eat a small piece of a fire mountain fire log and instantly sje got sick

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

She just wants to sleep know she threw up a couple of times and then shes just been sleeping

Veterinarian's Assistant: This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

No just that i cant get her to vet until the morning when o talk to her shes responsive

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/12/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a fully qualified vet from the UK and have spent the last thirty years or so treating dogs, cats, and smaller pets. I will be very glad to help you today, please allow me ten minutes or so to review your question and type things up, I will then get straight back to you.

Ok shes responding to things just shaky and sleeping alot

Hello again,

I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. The ingredients of these fire logs are such things as wood sawdust, ground tree nutshells and blended wax, the good news is that this is not likely to be toxic to your dog in any, but it may be an irritant to her digestive tract and cause a mild transient tummy upset and a little lethargy, but this should soon pass. The chances are she will be feeling a lot better by the morning and hopefully there will then be no need for a vet visit.

2. All you need do for now is just to keep an eye on here and if you are still concerned tomorrow or you note any deterioration then you should have her checked over by a local vet. But in any case, I should be available online for you for the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if your dog's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
I hope you have found my advice useful. Please now be kind enough to rate my service to you by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen, such feedback greatly helps me maintain the quality of my answers. Rating me now does not close your question, we can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box to get back to me at any point. Many thanks ...

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your dog is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the fire log incident ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian