Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a yorkie who has had litters in the past but now just…

Customer Question
I have a yorkie...

I have a yorkie who has had litters in the past but now just doesn't seem to be able to get pregnant

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the Veterinarian ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

My other females do fine with the same stud

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/12/2017
Dog Veterinarian: jadedangel57, owner replied 4 months ago
jadedangel57

Hi JaCustomer,

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jane. I have been involved professionally with dogs in the healthcare and behavioral fields for over 20 years. I’ve worked as a Vet Assistant and Behaviorist and have extensive experience in dog reproduction, as a breeder, for even longer than that.. Canine behavioral issues and training are also my specialties. It will be my pleasure to work with you today. I'm so sorry that no other expert answered your question earlier. Your question just showed up on the list of unanswered questions that I have access to and I wanted to help. I hope you will rate my answer rather than the delay.

Do you still need help with this matter? If so, it is necessary for me to get a little information from you before I can type up your reply. Your patience is appreciated.

How old is this female?

How many litters has she had?

Is she going into heat?

Has she achieved a tie with this male but not gotten pregnant?

When was her last heat cycle?

What have you tried so far?

Hi again,

I noticed that you have not responded to my request for more information. Perhaps you deleted it in error or it went to your junk folder and you missed it. Here is the information request again.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** have been involved professionally with dogs in the healthcare and behavioral fields for over 20 years. I’ve worked as a Vet Assistant and Behaviorist and have extensive experience in dog reproduction, as a breeder, for even longer than that.. Canine behavioral issues and training are also my specialties. It will be my pleasure to work with you today. I'm so sorry that no other expert answered your question earlier. Your question just showed up on the list of unanswered questions that I have access to and I wanted to help. I hope you will rate my answer rather than the delay.

How old is this female?

How many litters has she had?

Is she going into heat?

When was her last heat cycle?

What have you tried so far?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian