Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dogs nose is crusty and scabby. His nose is crusty and…

My dogs nose is...

My dogs nose is crusty and scabby

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your dog?

His nose is crusty and scabby

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does your dog seem to hurt?

His nose is crusty and scabby

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is the dog's name and age?

Dallas 7 yrs old

12/11/2017
Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Dog Veterinarian

Hi, I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question. This service is used for general information only and is no substitute for a veterinarian-patient relationship by examination.

Ok

Can you send me a picture of Dallas's nose so i can see what is going on?

How long has this been going on?

I took a picture. How do I send it to you. It's been going on for 2 weeks

There is a paperclip icon that you use to attach it and send it

Or i can send you my email if that is not working

Ok. Send email addtess

let me know when you send it so i can keep checking my email

I just sent it.

I will keep an eye out for it. Has not shown up yet

Ok. Thx

Hmm still not here. I keep refreshing my email.

Try sending it one more time.***@******.***

OK got it the picture

That looks like a condition called hyperkeratosis where the skin cells on the nose over multiple too soon and disrupt the normal skin renewal process.

I will usually send home this produce to be applied once to twice a day for a few weeks then recheck.

https://www.amazon.com/SOLVA-1717001-0-SOL/dp/B00DUU6KUG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1513024194&sr=8-1&keywords=kerasolv+gel+for+dogs

If it is not improving in a week he will need to see your regular veterinarian to make sure this is not an autoimmune condition which can also sometimes look like this.

Adding in omega 3 supplements also help it from coming back once it has been treated.

https://www.amazon.com/Omega-Fatty-Acids-Large-Capsules/dp/B002QM6O7I/ref=sr_1_1?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1513024297&sr=1-1&keywords=vetquinol​

Thank you ��

You are most welcome

If this was helpful I would be most appreciative if you could take the time to rate my assistance so the site will credit me with helping you

Without a rating (the stars at the top) the site will not compensate me for helping you.

I am also here for additional questions you may have, just reach out to me here and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Kind regards,

Dr. Meghan Denney

This Content is not intended to be a substitute for a professional veterinary exam, diagnostics, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your attending veterinarian with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition of a pet.

Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Dog Veterinarian

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Dog Veterinarian