Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian at Kingsland Blvd Animal Clinic
94981754

My dogs nose is crusty and scabby. His nose is crusty and

my dogs nose is crusty and scabby
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your dog?
Customer: his nose is crusty and scabby
JA: Where does your dog seem to hurt?
Customer: his nose is crusty and scabby
JA: OK. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Dallas 7 yrs old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Dallas?
Customer: no.

Hi, I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question. This service is used for general information only and is no substitute for a veterinarian-patient relationship by examination.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok

Can you send me a picture of Dallas's nose so i can see what is going on?

How long has this been going on?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I took a picture. How do I send it to you. It's been going on for 2 weeks

There is a paperclip icon that you use to attach it and send it

Or i can send you my email if that is not working

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok. Send email addtess

let me know when you send it so i can keep checking my email

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I just sent it.

I will keep an eye out for it. Has not shown up yet

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok. Thx

Hmm still not here. I keep refreshing my email.

Try sending it one more time.***@******.***

OK got it the picture

That looks like a condition called hyperkeratosis where the skin cells on the nose over multiple too soon and disrupt the normal skin renewal process.

I will usually send home this produce to be applied once to twice a day for a few weeks then recheck.

https://www.amazon.com/SOLVA-1717001-0-SOL/dp/B00DUU6KUG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1513024194&sr=8-1&keywords=kerasolv+gel+for+dogs

If it is not improving in a week he will need to see your regular veterinarian to make sure this is not an autoimmune condition which can also sometimes look like this.

Adding in omega 3 supplements also help it from coming back once it has been treated.

https://www.amazon.com/Omega-Fatty-Acids-Large-Capsules/dp/B002QM6O7I/ref=sr_1_1?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1513024297&sr=1-1&keywords=vetquinol​

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you ��

You are most welcome

If this was helpful I would be most appreciative if you could take the time to rate my assistance so the site will credit me with helping you

Without a rating (the stars at the top) the site will not compensate me for helping you.

I am also here for additional questions you may have, just reach out to me here and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Kind regards,

Dr. Meghan Denney

This Content is not intended to be a substitute for a professional veterinary exam, diagnostics, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your attending veterinarian with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition of a pet.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Meghan Denney